The world of Makeup and Beauty is ever changing, like the in the world of Fashion, Looks and Styles depend on Seasons and the Winds, but the basics stay the same.
Books are one of the ways I keep up with my Knowledge.
There are so many Makeup and Beauty books out there.
So what do we choose?
I have compiled a list of books that I found useful at one point or another in my career, some are references others are inspirational.....there are many more out there....so this list is by no mean complete.
No.... I do not own all of them, but they are on my wish list.
I am looking to create my very own Beauty Library.
Beauty and Pretty Stuff:
- Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin
- The Art of Makeup by Kevyn Aucoin
- Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin
- Makeup Your Mind by Francois Nars
- Sonia Kashuk Real Beauty by Sonia Kashuk
- Makeup: The Art of Beauty by Linda Mason
- Makeup by Damien Dufresne
- Beauty by Bobbi Brown
- Beauty Evolution by Bobby Brown
- Vogue Make-up by Juliet Cohen
- Make-Up: Fresh Ideas for Fantastic Looks by Bernadine Bibiano and the Body Shop
- Complete makeup artist by Delmar
- Makeup by Felicity Everett
- Stage Makeup by Richard Carson
- Plastic Surgery without the Surgery by Eve Perl
- A Complete Guide to Special Effect Makeup: Conceptual Creations by Japanese Makuep Artist by Tokyo SFX Makeup Workshop
- Makeup Artist Handbook:Techniques for Film, Television, Photography and Theatre by Gretchen Davis and Mindy Hall
- X-Ray by Francois Nars
- Make-up Designory's Character Make-up by Paul Thompson
- Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary by Natalia Michalun and Varinia Michalun
- Kryolan Maku-Up Manual
- The Technique of the Professional Make-Up Artist by Vincent Kehoe
- A Fashionable History of :Make-up and Body Decoration by Helen Reynolds
- High Performance Beauty: Makeup & Skin Care for Dance, Cheer, Show Choir, Pageants &
- Ice Skating by Christine Dion
- The 1940's Look: Recreating the Fashions, Hairstyles and Make-up of the Second Worls
- War by Mike Brown
- Face of the Century :100 Years of Makeup and Style by Kate De Castelbajac, Nan
- Richardson, and Catherine Chermayeff
- The Complete Guide to Make-up by Suzanne Le Quesne
- Body Shop Make-up by the Body Shop
- Professional Make-up Artistry by Julian Conway
- Image Makers: Professional Styling, Hair and Maku-up by Lee Widdows and Jo McGuinness
- The Power of Makeup by Trish McEvoy
- Fashions in Makeup: From Ancient to Modern Times by Richard Corson
- The Beauty of Color by Iman
- Asian Faces by Taylor Chang
- Face Painting by Reggie Wells
- Asian Faces: The Essential Beauty and Makeup Guide for Asian Women by Taylor Chang-Babaian and Yoko Ono
- Asian Bridal Look Book: The Essential Guide to Gorgeous Hair and Make-up for Your
- Special Day by Nilpa Bharadia
- Beautiful Skin of Color: A comprehensive Guide to Asian, Olive, and Dark Skin by Jeanine
- Downie, Fran Cook-Bolden, and Barbare Nevins Taylor
- The Face is a Canvas by Irene Corey