!!!!WELCOME!!!!

Welcome to my World,
I truly hope you will enjoy my collection of ideas, thoughts, inspirations and funny stuff that I have found along the “Way of Art". This is my adventure, my "slices of life" and pieces of dreams that have come by during my Travels, Colors,
Foods and Sparks of Creativity.

Loving Nibbles
Naiyana



Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MAC Creme Color Base

So last Sunday I did pretty much the stupidest thing in the history of my makeup adventure...I feel so stupid I do not know why I am writing this...Anyhow!!! I forgot my Makeup KIT!!!

Ok...I did not forget the kit, I somehow grabbed the wrong suitcase (I use a small carry on suitcase to carry my kit), and did not realize that I grabbed the wrong one until I was at the location of the Shoot...the Wishard Studio in Fallbrooks CA...45 + miles away from my house!!!!

Lucky for me, John Wishard has been dabbling with makeup for the past several months and was able to accumulate enough items to put the some of best muas to shame!

So I was able to manage the shoot using 100% of John’s Kit!

Somewhere in the middle of the shoot (between the first look and the 2nd) John and Chrissy (our beautiful model) ask what items I missed the most from my kit....

Well John’s kit is fabulous but I did miss 2 things…
My High Definition Powder by Makeup Forever and my MAC Crème Color Base....

The Mac Crème Color Base if great
It is a bit tricky to use and some rules must be followed for the crème to look and feel good...
First you must know that this is a versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Color Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder.

It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or fingers…I prefer fingers especially on a cold day.

Color effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. It is fragrance-free and that makes it great for me since I have a very sensitive nose...The Crème color Base is unbelievably smooth and non-greasy. It's super easy to apply and blend and even though it’s a crème, it doesn't melt off or get oily through the day.

Applied on cheeks gives a shimmery natural glow and doesn't accentuate pores, it can be used as a highlighter or a blush.

As an eye shadow (and this is where it gets sticky) I use it as a base, meaning I apply eye shadow over it, this makes it more luminous and long lasting, and alone is a bit difficult to use since it can crease easily (unless you keep your eyes closed for 15 min and let it dry...ok not 15min... more like 5minbut you get the idea...it takes time).

I am not sure if I like this better than my Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer Potion…since that is also a great product…I should do more of a comparison…one day J
So to end this I have to say I have several different shades of the Crème Color Base, I am happy with it and I will continue to use it :)

Nibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment and thank you for stopping by my blog!