!!!!WELCOME!!!!

Welcome to my World,
I truly hope you will enjoy my collection of ideas, thoughts, inspirations and funny stuff that I have found along the “Way of Art". This is my adventure, my "slices of life" and pieces of dreams that have come by during my Travels, Colors,
Foods and Sparks of Creativity.

Loving Nibbles
Naiyana



Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chicano Park Photo-shoot with Hayley and Cherie


Hayley and Cherie

Life as a makeup artist is perceived to be beautiful, glamorous and full of highlights and fabulous moments!
Well I got to say that is a bit off the make...OK it is beautiful and glamorous but it's also a lot of work , long hours and little sleep...stress, pressure, and wonderful accomplishments!

To illustrate my point:
I was book for this Urban Style photo-shoot.
The shoot was to take place at Chicano Park, San Diego CA at 9:30 am on a Saturday.

So here are some of the things I had to keep in mind as a makeup artist...
Meeting location for hair and Makeup: Model's house in North Park....15-20 minutes away form Chicano Park....and well 30-35 minutes way form my house.
Photo-shoot makeup take approximately 35 to 45 minutes, depending on look, degree of difficulty...(yeah we got that too), how much and what type of makeup I need to be carrying, can I bring the large kit or the travel kit, what is the color coordination for the Models, expectation of the Photographer, time commitment etc....
No wonder I feel so tired!

So I arrive at the Cherie's house at 7:30pm...parking in North Park is hard....no it's horrible!!
The hair stylist was on location all ready (thanks the Heavens) and was already working on Cherie! So I hanged out waiting for the Hayley (that was having parking difficulties)
Once she walked throw the door, the cinnamon rolls were ready (model's diet), we started to rock and roll!
After a few brakes, meeting the pets (very cute Chinchilla), roommate, and eating cinnamon rolls the models were done and ready and on their way out!!

What I have learned:
Both models are beautiful in their own unique ways, I have worked with both on several occasions. I have learned their faces and was able to create something I consider beautiful and very appropriate for the occasion...both models and photographers were please by my work.

Practice makes prefect, one of the model has unique features, and no matter how many time I worked with her I could never get it just right, but I believe I nailed it this time, so I am super Happy!

Here is what come of it...


Photographer Bruheim http://www.modelmayhem.com/bruheim

Models Portfolios:

Cherie http://www.modelmayhem.com/cherryblushing

Hayley http://www.modelmayhem.com/hayleykay

More images by ME are on:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/naiyana

or...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/naiyanatheartist

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice... I'm glad you got up early that day - it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment and thank you for stopping by my blog!