!!!!WELCOME!!!!

Welcome to my World,
I truly hope you will enjoy my collection of ideas, thoughts, inspirations and funny stuff that I have found along the “Way of Art". This is my adventure, my "slices of life" and pieces of dreams that have come by during my Travels, Colors,
Foods and Sparks of Creativity.

Loving Nibbles
Naiyana



Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Makeup Show LA 2009 Preparation....

What to do!!!
One week away form The Makeup Show LA!!!
I found my partner in crime....Kari aka Black Rose Makeup!

We are to travel to LA in the morning and be there till they kick us out!!!
I have myself semi-packed already!

I got a list down on what I need....but I got the major things done....check oil and tires of the car, googled the location, got the thickets, charged the camera and pulled out the backpack!

I have a list of some of the items I need for my kit.
I have a list of snacks that I need to buy to prevent myself form starving...or forgetting to eat.

Now I just need to figure out how to plan my day....
SO here is the dilemma....fiy these are taken directily from The Makeup Show Website :o)
There are seminars:

"Monday, March 16 – Seminar Space A
9:45 - 10:30 Tools of the Trade Daven Mayeda for Crown Brush
11:00 - 11:45 Durable Beauty Kevin-James Bennett for Make Up For Ever
12:15 - 1:00 Neutralizing, Not Camouflage; That is the Only Answer for High Definition! Tommy Parsons for Cinema Secrets
1:30 - 2:15 Airbrush Artistry with Temptu Autumn Scruggs for Temptu
2:45 - 3:30 Fashion Week Wrap Up Jon Hennessey for On Makeup Magazine
4:00 - 4:45 Red Carpet Beauty Orlando Santiago for The Powder Group

Monday, March 16 – Seminar Space B
9:30 - 10:15 The Agency Forum
10:45 - 11:30 Airbrushing with Wolfe FXNick Herrera for Wolfe Face Art and FX
12:00 - 12:45 A Career in Makeup: Marvin Westmore for Westmore Academy
1:15 - 2:00 A Career in Makeup: Dean and Davis Factor for Smashbox Cosmetics
2:30 - 3:15 Highlighting and Contouring with Seamless Perfection Sheila McKenna for Kett Cosmetics at Alcone"

And then there are Keynote and Business Forum:

"Monday March 16 – 10:00 – 11:30 am Marketing You: Keynote Michael DeVellis and Crystal Wright The two most important ways of promoting your images go hand–in–hand in the modern makeup artist business. A portfolio needs to work in conjunction with an online presence of your work and in this session Industry leaders Michael DeVellis and Crystal Wright help you learn how to choose the images that will get you hired, how to set up your book and website, what not to use and how to approach getting your work seen by the clients you want to hire you.

Monday March 16 – 12:30 – 1:30 pm State of the Union: Keynote Susan Cabral-Ebert and Tommy ColeWorking on today’s hottest films, television shows and theatrical productions most often means working as a union makeup artist and understanding what you need to know about this area can get you working much faster on these projects. This important seminar will review the need–to–know information about getting into and working in the Local 706.

Monday March 16 – 3:00 – 4:30 pm Keynote Scott Barnes: A Career in MakeupOne of the most sought after makeup artists in the industry Scott Barnes work on famous faces including Janet Jackson and Jennifer Lopez and his eponymous cosmetic line have created a revolution in the cosmetic's world and changed the way we look at beauty. Barnes's successful career as a makeup artist made him the go to guy for celebrities and photographers and took him around the world, inspiring him to look beyond the conventional methods of color, contour, light and line. In this seminar Scott shares his insight into working in the celebrity and editorial world and demonstrates the style and skill that have positioned him as a celebrity artist."

So what do I do??
I want to take them all!!!

OK time to meditate.
Suggestion Appreciated....

Nibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment and thank you for stopping by my blog!