I truly hope you will enjoy my collection of ideas, thoughts, inspirations and funny stuff that I have found along the “Way of Art". This is my adventure, my "slices of life" and pieces of dreams that have come by during my Travels, Colors,
Foods and Sparks of Creativity.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Can't sleep I always do this get all nervous and excited about large events, according to the list we are looking at 40 models and some 40 photographers...That is a lot of people!
So I check on my kit...and rechecked, made sure I have at least makeup for 10 models (Ideally there will be 9 makeup artists and 5 hair stylist) but we all know how these things go...It's a charity no one gets paid...so we will probability have half the models and less than a hand full of stylists....that means I got to be ready…and I do not meant to mean…people have different priorities.
So I made a check list of what I need to have...
Small brush towel (purple washcloth I use to clean my brushes)
Foundation (liquid and cream)
Liner pencil and liquid
Paper...never know what will happen
Receipt of donation
OK all this fits in my small carry on...I have ditched the metal case ages ago due to the case alone weighting 20 lbs!!!
So what else do I need....?
Sleep would be good.
Wish me luck!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I was preparing for the Charity Photoshoot this weekend, and while browsing around MM (as usual) trying to come up with ideas on makeup, I came across this collage of a photoshoot I worked on months ago...
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
A friend asked me to write down 25 random Things about me...
So here they are:
1. I am an Artist, I love to paint, that is why I started playing with makeup and body paint.
2. I love to read Vampire Romance Novels, I want to write one of my own…maybe start it this year.
3. I love Computers, so I can say I am a Wanna be Geek.
4. I have a step-baby and he is my little artist/actor and partner in crimes.
5. I love my husbands smile, and that he can cheer me up when I am blue.
6. I am a Buddhist, but not a very good one since I do not practice much.
7. I love my mother and miss her every day. She is now my Guardian Angel so watch out she was Thai!
8. I can be lazy and winy especially when I don’t feel well.
9. I want to see the 7 Wonders of the world…especially the Ancient ones.
10. I love the color purple and black is my second runner up.
11. I dream of one day having my own art gallery.
12. I have a degree in Psychology and not sure how to use it.
13. I love cartoons, foreign movies (especially Indian/Asian), and era movies (like The Dutches, Elizabeth and stuff)
14. I love shoes. Shoes make me happy. I’ll buy shoes before I buy clothes.
15. I have just got my “professional” camera and love taking pictures of flowers.
16. I am a bit of a dark person, I love Halloween and always dress up as a Vampire.
17. I am a smoker, and plan to quit one day, not sure when that day is.
18. I like my friends in small doses, I am a bit of a loner…love my alone time.
19. I have one older sister that lives in England and 2 younger brothers that live in Las Vegas.
20. I would like to have a child of my own, but that is still in the “maybe one day” deal.
21. I believe Disney Land is the Best place on Earth.
22. I love RPG, Kingdom Heats is my favorite game. I can play Strategy Building Games for hours!
23. I do not like working out, I should since I could use to tone up a bit…
24. I hate house work, but I clean like crazy when I am stressed.
25. I one day will own a Mercedes SL 600!!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
"For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure, And we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us. Every angel is terrifying."
~From Duino Elegies by Rainer Maria Rilke
Browsing around MM I came across this quote on a friend's page.
In the image:
Metallic Muse Singer, Model, and Fantastic Individual.
Photography by J. Liber Photo, Image manipulation by Metallic Muse, Makeup done by Naiyana (ME yours truly :O).
Several other individuals were involved in the making....but I got to get permission to mention names first ;o)
Check out Metallic Muse Site: http://iammaryhamer.com/
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I have tried several aerosol foundations and I love ERA® FACE by Classified Cosmetics! Said to be “the first and only, internationally patented aerosol makeup foundation”!
ERA® FACE foundation has the incredible coverage and the “no makeup feel”, gives natural flawless feel and airbrush finish is Wear/water resistant, long lasting, easy to use, worth every cent, it’s oil-free and contains a nourishing vitamin and botanical base that’s ideal for all skin types
ERA® FACE comes in a spray bottle it can be applied directly on the face or by spraying a small amount on a sponge, it can be used all over the body, comes in 10 shades and includes disposable ERA® Cosmetic Puff & Head-wrap set.Note: Before using the foundation, make sure that blemishes and under eye circles are covered.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
So once in a while I find this unique opportunities to use my "passion", give back to the universe, score some good point in Karma, go to sleep with a good conscience, and have a tax deduction.
In a world full of all Charities and Societies some are close to my heart due to personal experience and belief, some of these are Cancer and Animals.
First Shoot for the Cure Charity Benefit.
What is Shoot for the Cure?
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Prior to my Christmas Vacation my dear friend Janel started a home based business….creating small potpourri sachets…with a very unique personality!
Janel is a Wonderful and Incredible Individual! Beautiful (she is a model) and artistic (She Creates Aromatic Art) !! I love to paint and create but sewing is not my thing, I admire people that can sew… So here she is, creating this little Sachets with a variety of aromas…Lavender, Vanilla, Gardenia, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Jasmine, Green Tea, Warm Sugar Cookies, Linen and Vanilla, and selling them on Etsy! How Entrepreneurial of her! And Now She is Expanding!!
Back to the Sachets...
Small enough to be placed in shoe boxes and drawers, and beautiful enough to leave hanging in any room in plain view! So I contacted her asking if she made custom made ones…the answer was yes, design and aroma can be custom made. That meant that I could have one to match my Makeup Endeavour and that would fit my sense of smell (I am super sensitive to smells/odors). I got exited and decided I will purchase a few for myself as soon as I got back form Vacation!
I went on vacation and came back to find a box on my Kitchen Table (my house/pet sitter put it there)! It felt like Christmas all over again!!! Here I am home with a box I was not expecting! I looove Surprises!
I open the box to find 2 Ori-Janel Creations! I love them!!
To Be Continued….
Thursday, January 8, 2009
June 20th and 21st!!!
Last year I have discovered the IMATS...OK it did exist before me, bu me as an artist first came to know about this fabulous event last year.
The IMATS Los Angeles 2009!!!
Date: June 20 and 21
Location: The Pasadena Convention Center (located at 300 East Green Street)
Presented by Make-Up Artist magazine (I am a subscriber to)
The International Make-Up Artist Trade Show (IMATS) is the only show of its kind in the world. Last year I have ventured out to Pasadena with a friend (sweet gal but not into makeup)
We floated to the Exhibition Hall several times and watched the competition, took only 2 classes and well had to leave...due to miss-management of time, resources and money!!!!
So here are my tips for this year event:
1. Start Saving Money ($400 is not enough to satisfy my makeup fetish).
2. Go BOTH days....believe me one day is not enough!
3. Book a room or crash at a friend's couch near by. Tell the friend in advance...
4. Bring a friend that is interested in Makeup...or forget it go on your own, you'll make friends there!
5. Buy thickets in advance...saves money and time (lines at the event are HUGE)
6. As soon as it is available research class schedule, and plan to attend in advance
7. Prepare a list of product you are interested in or need to yourself/kit (I bought everything that caught my fancy and nothing I needed!!)
8. Bring Pad and Pen for Classes
9. Wear comfortable shoes/clothes
10. Bring a snack and water...carry a small backpack with it all.
Image from IMATS 2008 Winners on Make-up Artist Magazine.
History of "The Show" (taken form the IMATS Website...)
"During the mid-’90s, there were no trade shows specifically for make-up artists, and cosmetic companies expressed a desire for such an event. Knowing just how much education could be provided, Make-Up Artist publisher Michael Key held the first International Make-Up Artist Trade Show in August 1997. The Show allowed artists to custom-tailor what they wanted to see. It offered a diverse mix of presentations, products, demonstrations, and education by some of the biggest names in the business. Like Make-Up Artist magazine, the Trade Show continues to further Key’s vision to educate and reach make-up artists around the world."
Competitions Themes for this year:
Fantasy/beauty competition theme is Gothic.
The character competition theme, X-Men Mutants,
Guidelines for the competitions are pretty strict so I think I'll just hang out and watch.
Hope to see all you Make-Up Lovers there!
This is going to be sooo much fun!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
"Super-Enhancing Mascara Base"
• Lengthens and thickens lashes without clumping
• Fortifies, treats and restructures lashes
What do you get with this new Technology:
• Vitamin E
• Triangular, thin-shaped brush
• Provides a white base for mascara to cover
Monday, January 5, 2009
Just got back form Vacation, I will update my blog and bring it up to speed...
One would believe that the Internet is everywhere...but that would be a wrong assumption...since I went to Las Vegas NV (and well noone cares for internet when in Vegas...) and then Big Bear California for a Snow Boarding and adventure with my family...well there was Internet connection the first dayin Big Bear....then a power/network pole broke and crashed...and left me stranded form the online world...
Can you imagine 2 weeks with no Internet???